Operation Art 2017 Exhibition
Entries due 5 May, 2017
Every year schools across New South Wales are invited to participate in Operation Art, an initiative of The Children’s Hospital at Westmead in association with the New South Wales Department of Education. The Operation Art program provides a forum for schools and students to demonstrate their visual arts achievements through exhibitions at the Armory Gallery, Sydney Olympic Park and the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
Conditions of entry- Please read carefully before submitting an entry.
- Each school may submit up to four works of art from any student in Kindergarten - year 10
- Theme: Cheerful and uplifting works appropriate for display in hospitals. (Do they make you smile?)
- Entry fee for Government Schools is $95 each artwork (inc GST), direct debited.
- Entry fee for non Government Schools is $135 each artwork (inc GST). Download payment form
- Size: Minimum A4 ( 30 x 21cm), maximum A2 ( 42 x 60 cm), maximum depth 5mm. Please note we are unable to frame works that are deeper than this limit.
- All artworks framed and exhibited at Sydney Olympic Park.
- 10,000 visitors view the exhibition.
- 150 works are selected for further exhibition opportunities including 50 selected for a tour series and then given to the Children's Hospital at Westmead.
- Gives students real purpose for their artmaking - creating art to help children in hospital.
- Start your own gallery at school when the framed works are returned to you.
- Provide broader public recognition for your creative students.
- All students receive printed certificates, invitations and catalogues.
- Come and be treated like a star artist at the Sydney Olympic Park opening day event.
Rural and Remote Subsidy
As part of The Arts Unit's support of the Department of Education's Rural and Remote Education blueprint for action, we are excited to be able to offer a Participation Subsidy of $40 to participate in Operation Art to rural and remote schools (Follow link and download complete list, column AF shows rural and remote status) Submit a request for subsidy by email to Operation Art. email@example.com
Please note: If interest exceeds available funds, allocation of the participation subsidy will be prioritised based on remoteness. Subsidies will be confirmed with acceptance notification.