Crafting persuasive arguments
Develop persuasive arguments for a primary debate using the PEEL (Point Explain Example Link) model.
- learn how to write a persuasive argument using the PEEL model
- identify the use of PEEL in debates
- compose an argument using the PEEL model
- present their argument and reflect on their learning.
English K-10 Syllabus
- EN3-1A: communicates effectively for a variety of audiences and purposes using increasingly challenging topics, ideas, issues and language forms and features.
- EN3-2A: composes, edits and presents well-structured and coherent texts.
- EN3-5B: discusses how language is used to achieve a widening range of purposes for a widening range of audiences and contexts.
- EN3-9E: recognises, reflects on and assesses their strengths as a learner.