Painting pictures with words
Learn about the art of performance poetry and compose your own slam poem
- explore slam poetry
- view examples of slam poetry
- compose a poem
- perform their poem.
English K-10 Syllabus
- EN2-6B: identifies the effect of purpose and audience on spoken texts, distinguishes between different forms of English and identifies organisational patterns and features.
- EN2-10C: thinks imaginatively, creatively and interpretively about information, ideas and texts when responding to and composing texts.
- EN2-11D: responds to and composes a range of texts that express viewpoints of the world similar to and different from their own.
- EN3-1A: communicates effectively for a variety of audiences and purposes using increasingly challenging topics, ideas, issues and language forms and features.
- EN3-5B: discusses how language is used to achieve a widening range of purposes for a widening range of audiences and contexts.
- EN3-7C: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and ideas and identifies connections between texts when responding to and composing texts.