Aboriginal Vocal Identification Program
The Aboriginal Vocal Identification Program as a collaboration between the NSW Department of Education and KARI, seeks to enhance the vocal talents of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander public school students in Year 7 to Year 12.
This program provides students with the opportunity to:
- study vocal technique
- build confidence to perform publicly
- participate in a public performance
- develop skills to plan for future goals in vocal performance.
Auditions will be held at Glenfield Education Office during Term 1 Week 9. Students will be notified of their audition time after the nomination process has been completed.
Workshops will be held at Casula Powerhouse from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on the following dates:
- Monday 1 May 2023 (Term 2 Week 2)
- Tuesday 2 May 2023 (Term 2 Week 2)
- Wednesday 3 May 2023 (Term 2 Week 2)
- Tuesday 23 May 2023 (Term 2 Week 5)
- Wednesday 24 May 2023 (Term 2 Week 5)
- Monday 25 May 2023 (Term 2 Week 5)
- Monday 26 June 2023 (Term 2 Week 10)
- Tuesday 27 June 2023 (Term 2 Week 10)
- Wednesday 28 June 2023 (Term 2 Week 10)
The showcase of student work will be held at Casula Powerhouse on Wednesday 28 June 2023 (Term 2 Week 10).
An additional recording session date at the Blake Ralph Recording Studio will be advised following acceptance into the program.