Aboriginal Vocal Identification Program
The Aboriginal Vocal Identification Program as a partnership between the NSW Department of Education and KARI, seeks to enhance the vocal talents of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander public school students in Year 7 to Year 12.
This program provides students with the opportunity to:
- study vocal technique
- build confidence to perform publicly
- participate in a public performance
- develop skills to plan for future goals in vocal performance.
Applications for 2021 are now closed.
Workshops for Term 3 have been moved online to support efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 and maintain the safety and wellbeing of students and staff.
Successful students into the program will be required to attend 8 workshops at Casula Powerhouse from 9am - 3pm on the following dates:
- Thursday 17 and Friday 18 June 2021
- Wednesday 28, Thursday 29 and Friday 30 July 2021
- Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 September 2021
- Friday 3 September 2021 (9am -10pm) - Showcase concert in the evening.
An additional recording date for the Blake Ralph Recording Studio will be required and advised following acceptance into the program.
The operation of this program is contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health. All activities will adhere to the DoE COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
Visit the COVID-19 and public schools in NSW web page for more information.
1 Powerhouse Road
Casula NSW 2170
Glenfield Education Office
Roy Watt Road
Glenfield NSW 2167