Nepean Festival of Arts and Design
The Nepean Festival of Art and Design is a celebration of the works of artists, designers and students from across the Penrith LGA coming together to exhibit works on the Friday 10 November 2023 at the Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School.
Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School in partnership with Penrith City Council and the Zonta Club of Nepean Valley invite artists and students working, living and/or studying in the Penrith LGA to submit works for exhibition.
As part of the event there is also the chance to win a range of prizes from the wonderful event sponsors.
Event review - 2022
The 2022 Nepean Art and Design Festival was held on Friday 11 November 2022.
Over 600 works were submitted from 10 secondary schools and 52 professional artists and over 500 attending the evening.
Blak Douglas was the 2022 Art Patron.
- “It was a delight to be involved in the festival! The room was so full of creative energy, and it was wonderful to see people of all ages coming together to appreciate artistic creation and practice. I really loved seeing the students not only exhibit alongside professional practitioners but having confidence to talk about their works and inquire deeply about works made by people further down the road than them. What a potent opportunity for NCAPAHS students lead by enthusiastic, passionate teacher. I was also chuffed to win the open category as well as meeting Blak Douglas and hearing his story!” (Sarah Frost - 2022 Winning Artist)
- “As a Wiradjuri and Ngiyampaa artist in my first year at the National Arts School, I was so excited to have my work acknowledged. It was amazing to come back to my old school (NCAPA) and receive an award at the Nepean Festival of Art and Design” (Mea-Mei - Stanbury National Art School)
- “With money raised by the successful Festival of Art and Design the Zonta Club of Nepean Valley will be able to further our project aimed at ‘making a better world for women and girls’. The event, for Zonta not only celebrated the recognition of the amazing talent in the Penrith Local Government Area (LGA) but also highlighted the current and potential ability to network extensively and successfully to achieve a variety of objectives within the community.” (Rona Cassidy - The Zonta Club)
- “It was a pleasure and a privilege for our students to be involved in such a wonderful event. We look forward to future celebrations of the arts that showcase the creative work happening in our schools.” (Ms Jo-anne Hornidge - Visual Arts Educator Cambridge Park High School)
- “Within the short span of a three hour event I have felt more seen in my own community than ever and I could not be prouder to be a Penrith Artist born and raised.” (Cameron Letta - Artist and Educator at Nepean CAPA High school)
- “My involvement in the Nepean Festival of Art and Design event has allowed me to access the intricacies of holding an Art event, from marketing through to curatorial decisions and exhibiting challenges. This placement has strengthened my ability to build relationships and communicate with Art Professionals, Art Educators, Volunteers, Senior School Executives and Sponsors. My capacity to design, build and position a successful event has been realised. I have witnessed the power of creativity to unite artists, designers, schools, and the local community." (Emily Edwards - Fine Arts Honours Degree Student UNSW Art and Design)
- “The Nepean Festival of Art and Design event has established new partnerships, exhibiting pathways and learning opportunities for our students and staff. The event provides a platform for Hospitality students to cater, Musicians to perform, Drama students to act, Photography and film students to document and local artists and designers to exhibit, share and inspire each other.” (Mrs Prudence Rowston - H/T Creative Arts Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High)
- Friday 10 November 2023 6-9 pm
- Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School Hall
- Exhibition awards and supper will also be included
- Supper catering for the event will be provided via individually prepared and sealed 'Bento Style' boxes
- Tickets will be available for purchase through Trybooking in 2023.
Student and artist 2023 entry details
Entries will open late Term 1 2023
- Students wishing to submit to Nepean CAPA High Schools, Festival of Arts and Design 2023 will be required to complete the 2023 online student application form.
- Please note, artworks submitted must be clearly labelled with the title, the artists name and year of student. Student entries are free. Students also need to hand their artwork to their organising teacher for submission.
- Professional artists wishing to submit to their work/s Nepean CAPA High Schools Festival of Arts and Design 2023 will be required to complete the 2023 online artist application form.
- Please note there is a maximum of three entries per artist. The cost for the application of one artwork is $25 or the submission of three artworks is $50. Please note, payment is to be made prior to submitting this online application form.
- All submissions must include a photograph of the artwork to be uploaded into the application form. Please ensure all details entered into the form are correct as this will be used for display purposes and to contact you.
- Nepean Festival of Arts and Design - Terms and conditions of entry (DOCX, 14.86 KB)
- Artist and student entries close Friday 27 October 2023
- Delivery of works - Friday 10 November 2023 time between 9 to 11 am
- Collection of works - Monday 13 November 2023 between 8 am to 4 pm
Exhibition entry costs
- Adults - $20
- Students - $10
- Exhibiting artist - $10
- Family ( 2 adults + 1 child ) - $45
- Toby Chapman | Director of Visual Arts Lewers Gallery
- Paul Brinkman | Director Blue Mts Cultural Centre
- Diana Robson | Curator, Hawksbury Regional Gallery
The operation of this program is contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health. All activities will adhere to the DoE COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
Visit the COVID-19 and public schools in NSW web page for more information.
Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School Hall
115-119 Great Western Highway
Emu Plains NSW 2750