NSW Public Schools Recorder Camp
Students from NSW public schools in Year 5 to Year 12 are invited to apply for the Public Schools NSW Recorder Camp. This annual 4-day residential recorder workshop and camp culminates in performances at the Festival of Instrumental Music.
Students will have the opportunity to work with some of Australia's leading recorder players and educators to develop their music skills and recorder playing technique, learn historic and contemporary repertoire, and experience playing in a recorder orchestra and small ensembles.
- Camp dates: Sunday 3 July to Tuesday 5 July 2022 (School holidays)
- Performance dates: Festival of Instrumental Music - Monday 29 August to Thursday 1 September 2022
- Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen
How to apply
- Students are required to complete the camp online application form.
Applications close Friday 20 May.
- Students who play recorder are welcome to apply, especially those who play treble, tenor and bass in addition to descant.
- Students are required to have experience with playing their instrument and music reading skills.
- Students with no extended recorder ensemble program at their schools are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Hans-Dieter Michatz (recorder professor at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music)
- Alicia Crossley (ARIA nominated recorder player)
- Daniel Murphy (DoE Music teacher and Suzuki recorder teacher)
- Samantha Schoeler-Jones (Music therapist and recorder teacher at Mitchell Conservatorium)
The operation of this program is contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health. All activities will adhere to the DoE COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
Visit the COVID-19 and public schools in NSW web page for more information.
Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation
Narrabeen NSW 2101
Select image to expand.