In the Spotlight Drama Festival
In the Spotlight Drama Festival showcases the skills and talents of NSW public school students and teachers in creating and performing drama for students from Preschool to Year 12.
The festival is not only a showcase of school drama works, but a valuable platform for encouraging drama in schools. The festival demands of students a higher degree of focus, commitment and performance.
In The Spotlight Drama Festival will be a virtual festival in 2021.
Schools are encouraged to be creative, by exploring the use of their local environment, situational drama and staging theatre for film.
How to apply
Nominations to participate in the In the Spotlight Drama Festival should be completed by the coordinating teacher and endorsed by the school principal.
- Read the In The Spotlight Drama Festival guidelines prior to completing your application.
- Complete the online nomination form In the Spotlight Drama Festival Nomination Form.
Nominations close Friday 4 June 2021 (Term 2 Week 7)
Late submissions will not be considered for inclusion in the festival.
Professional learning resources
Should you want to sharpen your skills in preparing and videoing your item, check out these digital @ The Arts Unit resources:
- Filming a drama ensemble performance
- Event technical support: Audio
- Event technical support: Lighting
- Event technical support: Safety
- Event technical support: Staging
- Event technical support: Video and projection.
The operation of this program is contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health. All activities will adhere to the DoE COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
Visit the COVID-19 and public schools in NSW web page for more information.
215 Anzac Parade
Kensington NSW 2033