Symphonia Jubilate (SJ) is a symphony orchestra and recorder orchestra program made up of students predominantly from primary and secondary schools in the Strathfield education area. Founded in 2013 by Tracy Burjan and Luke Wallace, the orchestra aims to provide students with an opportunity to rehearse, learn and perform quality orchestral music from a diverse range of musical styles, as well as to foster a new level of music appreciation and skill.
In 2023 there are 5 ensembles that rehearse separately covering repertoire that is appropriate to their age and abilities:
- SJ Primo (high school string, wind, brass and percussion players)
- SJ Secondo (primary school string, wind, brass and percussion players with 2+ years experience learning their instrument)
- SJ Pizzicato (primary school string players with at least one year experience learning their instrument)
- SJ Fipple Flutes (primary and lower secondary school students)
- SJ Flauto Dolce (secondary school students who are competent with both C and F fingerings: descant, treble tenor and bass)
Applications for the 2023 program are now open. Visit the program website to apply online.
Rehearsals are held three times each school term on Saturday afternoons from 4 pm to 6:15 pm at Homebush West Public School (HWPS).
An up to date rehearsal schedule can be found on the Symphonia Jubilate website.