Bandlink Newcastle is a 2 day workshop for Year 5 and Year 6 students, as well as secondary students at NSW public schools providing an opportunity to play in a large ensemble under the guidance of professional conductors and musicians. Students learn specialised instrumental and ensemble skills which culminate in a concert at the end of the workshop.
In 2023, 3 ensembles will be created in 3 levels:
- Primary beginner band,
- Primary intermediate and advanced band,
- Secondary beginner/intermediate band.
- Monday 22 May and Tuesday 23 May (Term 2 Week 5)
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm each day.
How to apply
Entries are now open!
- Teachers will need to complete the Bandlink Newcastle online school application form.
- Schools will also need to complete their student instrument details as part of the application form. If these details are not confirmed when applying please email the details to email@example.com by Monday 1 May 2023.
- $80 per student
- Students complete this payment with their school prior to the program.
- Newcastle City Hall, King St Newcastle 2300
- Students should wear appropriate clothing to participate in a practical workshop.
- Students are required to bring all food and drink to the workshop each day.
HWE mentoring program
Hunter Wind Ensemble members are invited to join the Bandlink Newcastle 2023 program as student mentors for the primary students involved on their chosen instrument.
- Complete the HWE mentoring program online form to become involved in 2023.
Newcastle City Hall
Newcastle NSW 2300