Bandlink Newcastle is a 2 day workshop for Year 5 and Year 6 students, as well as secondary students at NSW public schools providing an opportunity to play in a large ensemble under the guidance of professional conductors and musicians. Students learn specialised instrumental and ensemble skills which culminate in a concert at the end of the workshop.
In 2023, 3 ensembles will be created in 3 levels:
- Primary beginner band,
- Primary intermediate and advanced band,
- Secondary band.
- Monday 22 May and Tuesday 23 May (Term 2 Week 5)
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm each day.
How to apply
Entries will open Term 1 2023.
- Teachers will need to complete the Bandlink Newcastle school application form.
- Schools will also need to complete and return the Bandlink Newcastle instrument form to firstname.lastname@example.org when applying.
- $70 (incl GST) per student
- Newcastle City Hall, King St Newcastle 2300
- Students should wear appropriate clothing to participate in a practical workshop.
- Students are required to bring all food and drink to the workshop each day.
The operation of this program is contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health. All activities will adhere to the DoE COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
Visit the COVID-19 and public schools in NSW web page for more information.