Bandlink Newcastle is a 2 day workshop for Year 5 and Year 6 students, as well as secondary students at NSW public schools providing an opportunity to play in a large ensemble under the guidance of professional conductors and musicians. Students learn specialised instrumental and ensemble skills which culminate in a concert at the end of the workshop.
In 2024, 4 ensembles will be formed:
- Primary beginner band,
- Primary intermediate.
- Primary advanced band secondary band,
- Percussion ensemble.
- Monday 1 July and Tuesday 2 July (Term 2 Week 10)
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm each day.
How to apply
Entries will open Term 1.
- Teachers will need to complete the Bandlink Newcastle online school application form.
- Schools will also need to complete their student instrument details as part of the application form. If these details are not confirmed when applying please email the details to email@example.com.
- $80 per student
- Students complete this payment with their school prior to the program.
- Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College, Minmi Road Fletcher 2287
- Students should wear appropriate clothing to participate in a practical workshop.
- Students are required to bring all food and drink to the workshop each day.
HWE mentoring program
Hunter Wind Ensemble members are invited to join the Bandlink Newcastle 2024 program as student mentors for the primary students involved on their chosen instrument.
- Complete the HWE mentoring program online form to become involved in 2024.
Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College
Fletcher NSW 2287