Far South Coast Dance Festival
It’s time to dust off those dance moves and get your students ready to hit the stage.
The Far South Coast Dance Festival is a brand new festival developed to showcase and celebrate dance in schools from across the Far South Coast. An inclusive festival, suitable for all levels of performance abilities from public school students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The Festival aims to:
- encourage the development and teaching of dance programs at a school level
- provide an opportunity for the school and broader community to recognise dance as an art form
- provide an opportunity for students and teachers to work towards a quality performance in a professional venue
- presenting an original, entertaining and professional event, providing a positive and memorable experience for teachers and students.
In 2002 the festival was held on Monday 27 June and Tuesday 28 June 2022 (Term 2 Week 10) at the brand new Bay Pavilions, Batemans Bay.
Congratulations to all schools who participated on a fantastic showcase of dance.
2023 festival dates
Monday 26 June to Wednesday 28 June 2023 (Term 2 Week 10)
There will be 2 shows each evening:
- Evening show A - 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Evening show B - 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Applications and information for the 2023 festival will be available in Term 1 2023.
The operation of this program is contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health. All activities will adhere to the DoE COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
Visit the COVID-19 and public schools in NSW web page for more information.