State Drama Camp
Participants extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops with all major aspects of drama delivered by tutors from the performing arts industry. The emphasis at the camp is on active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment.
Workshops during the camp are led by industry specialists and exemplary teachers from NSW public schools. The camp is fully catered with a healthy menu and accommodation is in modern heated carpeted cabins and rooms at the Collaroy Centre.
- Sunday 25 June to Thursday 29 June (Term 2 Week 10)
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Should you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com.
- $580 – metro and non-metro students
- $435 – rural and remote students
All payments will be accepted online through our student payment portal.
- The program covers all major aspects of drama and includes workshop sessions led by exemplary teachers and specialists from the performing arts industry.
- Workshops sessions offered include set design, costume design, scriptwriting, individual performance, circus, physical theatre, devising, script Interpretation, advanced acting skills, voice and accents.
- Active involvement, development of skills and enjoyment are key outcomes of participation at camp.
- State Drama Camp and Stage 5 Drama Camp will be held at the Collaroy Centre.
- Little Eggs Collective perform at Camp.
- Exemplary OnSTAGE students perform at State Drama Camp.
- Students will attend Beauty and the Beast at the Capitol Theatre.
- High potential Year 11 drama students who are currently studying drama at a NSW public school, who have not attended a State Drama Camp previously and need to extend their skills through a series of intensive workshops.
- There is a limit of 6 students from each school.
- This camp is for students seeking to build on their current experiences in drama to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Stage 5 State Drama Camp
Applications for Stage 5 State Drama Camp have now closed.
The Stage 5 State Drama Camp is an exciting new initiative for 2023.
The Stage 5 State Drama Camp is a 4-day residential camp open to NSW public school students in Years 9 and 10 and will run in conjunction with the NSW Public Schools State Drama Camp for Year 11 students.
This program is an excellent opportunity for Stage 5 drama students to extend their skills through working collaboratively in a supportive environment of like-minded peers and staff and learning from industry tutors and experienced teachers and practitioners.
For more information please go to Stage 5 State Drama Camp.
State Drama Camp offers professional development opportunities for teachers.
Roles for teachers:
- Camp tutor – Supervise for the duration of the camp; lead specialised workshops; lead a camp group through the playbuilding process to a performance on the last evening.
- Residential mentorship program – For beginning or less experienced teachers where preference will be given for rural and remote applicants. Observe, participate and learn throughout the week under the guidance of an experienced mentor. Supervise and assist with camp duties – onsite for the duration of camp.
- Day mentee program – For teachers interested in State Drama Camp to observe and participate for one day (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday) of the program. They will select workshops and sessions to attend to learn from experienced teachers in action as well as a Q&A on the devising processes and the HSC course. Schools must supply their own relief cover for this program.
Preference for selection of tutors was given to teachers who are currently teaching the Drama Preliminary and HSC courses.
Applications for teachers for 2023 State Drama Camp are now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about State Drama Camp tutor opportunities.