Compass Music Festival - Coffs Harbour
Applications now open
The NSW Department of Education will present a combined public schools performance at Coffs Harbour High School. The concert will feature a combined secondary choir, primary choir and combined recorder ensemble that will join forces with a featured wind band, secondary choir, recorder consort and string ensemble.
Signing choirs are also encouraged to participate – these teachers should contact Ian.Jefferson@det.nsw.edu.au for details.
Please be aware that this Festival will be contingent on advice provided by the Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health, and can change at short notice. Department of Education latest information on COVID-19 advice.
Monday 6 June 2022 (Term 2 Week 7) 7:00 pm
Venue – Coffs Harbour High School
Students in Years 3 to 12
Combined rehearsals will be held in May 2022.
The combined ensembles include:
- combined secondary school choir (Years 7 to 12)
- combined primary school choir (Years 3 to 6)
- combined recorder ensemble (Years 3 to 12)
There is no audition required for the combined ensembles. All schools that apply will be accepted.
How to apply
Applications for the Compass Music Festival – Coffs Harbour 2022 are now open.
To apply for the Compass Music Festival – Coffs Harbour 2022 email firstname.lastname@example.org
The repertoire for combined ensembles will be made up of selections from:
- 2022 In Concert (combined secondary choir) – 2 pieces and finale item
- 2022 Festival of Choral Music (combined primary choir) – 4 pieces and finale item
- 2022 Festival of Instrumental Music (combined recorder ensemble) – 1 piece and finale item (singing)
- Signing choirs can access the resources for 2 of the pieces that have been developed for Deaf, deaf and hard of hearing students (including the finale item
All of the combined ensembles (above) will perform the combined finale item ‘Journey to the Past’ as part of a massed choir.
- Compass Music Festival 2022 - repertoire (PDF, 101.37 KB)
- Signing choir repertoire - 2022 (PDF, 98.75 KB)
- There is no fee to participate in this program
Professional learning and resources
- It is mandatory that at least one teacher from each participating school attend an online teachers’ workshop/webinar for the musical component in which their school is involved.
- In Concert - teachers’ professional development webinar (secondary choral)
- Festival of Instrumental Music – Recorders - teachers’ professional development webinar
- Festival of Choral Music - teachers’ professional development webinar (primary choral)
- All public school teachers are welcome to attend this webinar. Please as soon as possible.
- Teachers will receive a master copy of the relevant repertoire (secondary choral and/or recorders and/or primary choral) from which to make copies for every participating student.
- Access a range of online repertoire resources will become available upon registration.
- Each participating student and teacher will receive a specially designed T-shirt to wear at the performance.
For further information concerning the Compass Music Festival – Coffs Harbour please contact Simon Kermode, Arts Coordination Officer, The Arts Unit – email: Simon.Kermode1@det.nsw.edu.au or email@example.com