2022 Schools Spectacular dates
- All applications open – end of Term 1 2022.
- Show week rehearsals – Monday 21 November to Thursday 24 November 2022, including final combined dance rehearsal, orchestra and stage band sound checks, mass choir rehearsal, dress rehearsal.
- Performances – Friday 25 November and Saturday 26 November 2022, including the schools’ preview matinee, Friday evening, Saturday matinee and Saturday evening performances.
Venue: Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney Olympic Park.
Announcing Spectacular Schools – Inspired!!
The Spectacular Schools - Inspired digital showcase aims to exhibit the incredible talents of our NSW public school students from Kindergarten to Year 12 in a connected, inclusive, digital forum. Cutting edge artistry, boundless creativity and excellence in the arts is what this showcase is all about. We welcome any contribution that your school has to this collective celebration. You may like to submit a dance, work of art, short play, short film, original song, instrumental music piece, speech, slam poem, circus art, Auslan signing, puppet piece, digital graphics or any other exciting work that showcases your students’ creativity.
For more information and how to be part of this incredible initiative go to Schools Spectacular - Inspired.
About the Schools Spectacular
Since 1984, the Schools Spectacular has grown to become more than just a showcase highlighting the talents of the students of New South Wales Public Schools. It is an iconic cultural event incorporating students from diverse backgrounds and communities from the length and breadth of the state. The Schools Spectacular is a world-class arena production and one of the largest annual events of its calibre anywhere in Australia, and arguably the world. From its ability to produce national and international stars to its role in promoting inclusiveness and reconciliation, the Schools Spectacular has no peer.
The Schools Spectacular:
- has taken place annually at Qantas Credit Union Arena (formerly known as the Sydney Entertainment Centre) since 1984 and in 2016 was held at the Qudos Bank Arena.
- 2016 was the biggest year yet! We set a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS TM for the Largest Amateur Variety Act with over 5,300 students performing in the show!
- is an established and well recognised event on the Sydney live entertainment calendar;
- showcases a cast of 2,300 dancers, a combined choir of 2,500, an 80-piece full symphony orchestra, a 25 piece stage band;
- delivers outstanding, cutting-edge artistry in dance and musical performance;
- features state-of-the-art sound, lighting and staging;
- is televised nationally in prime-time on Channel 7;
The Schools Spectacular is a remarkable New South Wales success story and is proudly presented by the NSW Department of Education.
Visit the Schools Spectacular website for information on how to get involved.