The Arts Unit has a large collection of orchestral, concert band, choral and stage band music appropriate for a wide range of abilities, available to government schools, non-government schools and community users.
Orchestral/band set hire fees
Government Schools $33 Handling Fee per set (Inc GST)
Non-Government Schools and Community Groups $55 handling Fee per set
Maximum number of sets per loan is 3.
Vocal or choral score
Government Schools $1.10 Handling Fee (Inc GST)
Non-Government Schools and Community Groups $1.65 Handling Fee (inc GST)
There is no limit to the number of choral scores per loan.
Full payment by cheque is required before music can be issued.
Conditions of Hire
- All music borrowed must be returned in the condition in which it was received.
- All markings on the music must be made in soft lead pencil only and be carefully removed after use, otherwise, a fee will be charged.
- On receiving material, borrowers must check against the inventory we supply and again before returning the material.
- A charge will be made for all missing or defaced material at full replacement cost, and borrowing rights will be suspended until payment of the replacement cost is received.
- The standard borrowing time is twelve weeks.
- The Arts Unit reserves the right to recall any material at any time for whatever reason it deems valid. In this situation a refund may be offered to the hirer.
- Please note that the photocopying of music hired from The Arts Unit is illegal in all circumstances. The music on hire is owned by The Arts Unit and, while on hire, is not covered by any photocopying license. Any questions concerning performance and copyright should be directed to the Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners’ Society (A.M.C.O.S.) at (02) 99357700 or The Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) at (02) 9935
Please direct all enquiries to: Nick.Cowell@det.nsw.edu.au