Communicating ideas through dance
This class focuses on the understanding of the compositional process as students work towards their HSC.
- identify the use of the elements of dance in dance composition
- analyse the choreographer’s choice of movement to reflect the concept and intent
- interpret the choreographer’s organisation of the movement as it relates to the concept and intent
- evaluate the effectiveness of the choreographic choices to communicate the concept and intent.
Dance Stage 6 Syllabus
- P1.1: understands dance as the performance and communication of ideas through movement and in written and oral form.
- P1.3: develops the skills of dance through performing, composing and appreciating dance.
- P3.1: identifies the elements of dance composition.
- H1.2: performs, composes and appreciates dance as an artform.
- H3.1: identifies and selects the appropriate elements of composition/choreography in response to a specific concept/intent.
- H3.3: recognises and values the role of dance in achieving individual expression.