Perform and appreciate the iconic Fosse style.
Let’s Fosse is a jazz dance tutorial that is designed for students in Stage 4 and 5 Dance. Students will develop knowledge, skills and understanding of the Fosse dance style.
Your students will:
- explore dance technique and the elements of dance as influenced by performance and theatrical style
- perform dances with increasing confidence, communicating the intention of the choreographer
- apply the elements of space, time and dynamics to dance performance to personalise dance movement
- differentiate and make connections between the social and historical contexts of dance and the development of style.
Dance 7-10 Syllabus
- 4.1.3: demonstrates an understanding of aspects of performance quality through the performance of locomotor and non-locomotor combinations, sequences and dances.
- 4.3.1: describes dance performances through the elements of dance.
- 4.3.2: identifies that dance works of art express ideas.
- 5.1.3: demonstrates an understanding and application of aspects of performance quality and interpretation through performance.
- 5.3.1: describes and analyses dance as the communication of ideas within a context.
- 5.3.3: applies understandings and experiences drawn from their own work and dance works of art.