Ready, prep, debate!
Learn how to prepare before a debate.
- brainstorm ideas about a topic
- define the topic and determine the stakeholders
- develop the case
- summarise the preparation process.
English K-10 Syllabus
- EN3-1A: communicates effectively for a variety of audiences and purposes using increasingly challenging topics, ideas, issues and language forms and features.
- EN3-3A: uses an integrated range of skills, strategies and knowledge to read, view and comprehend a wide range of texts in different media and technologies.
- EN3-7C: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information and ideas and identifies connections between texts when responding to and composing texts.
- EN4-2A: effectively uses a widening range of processes, skills, strategies and knowledge for responding to and composing texts in different media and technologies.
- EN4-5C: thinks imaginatively, creatively, interpretively and critically about information, ideas and arguments to respond to and compose texts.
- EN4-9E: uses, reflects on and assesses their individual and collaborative skills for learning.