The Wild West
Explore the Wild West through creative arts.
- Warm up with simple movement combinations
- Explore the basic elements of dance; actions of the body, dynamic qualities of movement, timing, special aspects and relationships.
- Follow instructions to learn a new dance
- Perform the Howdy Partner Dance
- Warm up with simple movement combinations and counting to 100
- Listen and clap along to the beat of Ghost Riders in the Sky
- Perform the Howdy Partner Dance to a faster piece of music
- Follow, dance and sing along to the Cowboy Dance Song
- Explore the colours and shapes of a sunset
- Create an artwork of a wild west landscape.
NSW Creative Arts K - 6 Syllabus
- DAES 1.1 – Participates in dance activities and demonstrates an awareness of body parts, control over movement and expressive qualities.
- DAES 1.2 – Explores movement in response to a stimulus
- DAES 1.7 – Performs simple dance sequences incorporating basic movement skills and patterns.
- DAES 2.7 - Performs familiar movement patterns in a variety of dance situations.
- VAES1.1 – Makes simple pictures and other kinds of artworks about things and experiences.