Far South Coast Dance Festival
It’s time to dust off those dance moves and get your students ready to hit the stage.
The Far South Coast Dance Festival is a brand new festival developed to showcase and celebrate dance in schools from across the Far South Coast. An inclusive festival, suitable for all levels of performance abilities from public school students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The Festival aims to:
- encourage the development and teaching of dance programs at a school level
- provide an opportunity for the school and broader community to recognise dance as an art form
- provide an opportunity for students and teachers to work towards a quality performance in a professional venue
- presenting an original, entertaining and professional event, providing a positive and memorable experience for teachers and students.
The Far South Coast Dance Festival was held on Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 June 2023. Over 400 students from schools across the Far South Coast took to the stage showcasing their talents. Congratulations to all schools involved in the 2023 festival.
2024 festival dates
Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 June 2024 (Term 2 Week 9)
There will be 2 shows:
- Evening show A - 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- Evening show B - 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
How to apply
Applications for the 2024 festival will open in Term 1 Week 1 2024.
- Each school may nominate a maximum of 3 items for the festival. We will endeavour to place all items in the festival.
- Schools may explore any style of dance they prefer.
- We encourage the inclusion of students with a disability and will work with the school to ensure any modifications or special provisions required are met.
- Indigenous dance groups, multicultural dance groups, and boys dance groups are actively encouraged to participate.
- Schools requiring assistance with choreography should contact Sue Dawson (0402 992 897) to have a mentor choreographer assigned to the school to assist with preparations.
Length of items
- Primary - maximum of 5 minutes
- Secondary - maximum of 5 minutes.
12 Vesper Street
Batemans Bay NSW 2536