NSW Public Schools Recorder Camp
Students from NSW public schools in Years 5 to Years 12 are invited to apply for the NSW Public Schools Recorder Camp. This annual 4 day residential recorder workshop and camp culminates in performances at the Festival of Instrumental Music.
Students will have the opportunity to work with some of Australia's leading recorder players and educators to develop their music skills and recorder playing technique, learn historic and contemporary repertoire, and experience playing in a recorder orchestra and small ensembles.
- Camp dates: 5 pm Monday 10 April to 5 pm Thursday 13 April 2023 (School holidays)
- Performance dates: Festival of Instrumental Music, Tuesday 13 June–Friday 16 June 2023.
- $400.00 (sibling discount available).
- Tops Conference Centre, Grevillea Site, Stanwell Tops NSW 2508.
How to apply
- Students are required to complete the camp online application form.
- Applications close Friday 10 March.
- Students who play recorder are welcome to apply, especially those who play treble, tenor and bass in addition to descant.
- Students are required to have experience with playing their instrument and music reading skills.
- Students with no extended recorder ensemble program at their schools are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Susan Sukkar (recorder teacher, Director of FoIM Recorder Program, and Assistant Principal at Petersham Public School)
- Alicia Crossley (ARIA nominated recorder player)
- Daniel Murphy (DoE Music teacher and Suzuki recorder teacher)
- Joanne Arnott (recorder player and tutor at the Central Coast Conservatorium)
- Luke Wallace (R/Arts Coordination Officer at The Arts Unit)