Western NSW Dance Ensembles
Western NSW Dance Ensembles is a selective ensemble program for dancers from public schools across Western NSW.
There are 2 ensembles:
- Western NSW Junior Dance Ensemble - Years 5 to 8 students
- Western NSW Senior Dance Ensemble - Years 9 to 12 students
The ensemble program aims to provide access to high quality dance education, foster the development of talented dance students and provide performance opportunities that showcase excellence in this art form.
Student in the ensembles work with specialist dance teachers and other like-minded students to rehearse and perform dance works for the Western NSW Dance Festival and audition to perform at the State Dance Festival in Sydney.
How to apply
Applications to audition for the 2023 ensembles are now open!
- To apply complete the online application form, ensuring you insert your audition video link. ·
- Be sure to read the Western NSW Dance Ensembles - audition guidelines (DOCX, 69.2 KB) prior to applying.
- Applications close: Thursday 6 April 2023 (Term 1 Week 11).
- Applicants are required to submit one video with their application.
- A 2-3 minute solo in any style, performed within the last 6 months.
- Technique and performance quality to be assessed.
- Be sure to use your @education.nsw.gov.au or @det.nsw.edu.au email when completing the application form.
- Participation fee $100 (which includes the cost of costume and t shirt)
- Rehearsals in Term 2 comprise of both video/zoom sessions and face-to-face sessions.
- The face-to-face sessions will be held in Cowra for senior students and Orange for junior ensemble students
Orange High School
Corner Woodward Street and Coronation Drive
Orange NSW 2800