Hunter Dance Festival
Hunter Schools Dance Festival presents the works of over 2000 NSW public school students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The 4 day festival highlights the range of styles explored through the study of dance in public schools. These performances are underpinned by creativity, confidence and respect for one another fostered by their dedicated teachers.
Monday 24 July - Thursday 27 July (Term 3 Week 2)
Each evening there is a 6:30pm performance with no interval.
Student access to dressing rooms for the performance will open at 5:30 pm.
Rehearsals are at 12pm on the day of the performance.
- All performers must attend rehearsals.
- Rehearsals are in order of performance to confirm sound and lighting settings.
- Students must be in full costume and accessories.
How to apply
Applications will open Monday 24 April 2023 (Term 2 Week 1).
- To apply you will be required to complete the online application form.
Applications to audition for the Hunter Schools Dance Festival should be completed by the coordinating DoE teacher by 5:00 pm on Monday 15 May 2023.
- Read the HSDF guidelines prior to completing your application for further details.
- Complete the online application form.
For further information go to the Hunter Dance Festival website.
What you need for the application
- YouTube URL for your audition video/s
- Description of costume ideas
- Copy of song lyrics
- Music, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that schools must email music and complete the online application to be selected.
How to upload footage to YouTube
- Visit youtube.com and create an account:
- ‘Sign in’ to youtube.com.
- Select ‘Upload’.
- Follow the instructions to upload your video.
- Once uploaded, on the privacy settings select ‘unlisted (anyone with the link can view)’. This is important as selecting this setting means that the general public can’t view the link. Once you have done this, make sure you select ‘Save Changes’. Please do not save as ‘Private’.
- You will be given a URL for your video. Copy this URL into the online application.
Please note – you will be contacted if the link does not work.