New England Dance Festival
The New England Dance Festival is a showcase of dance for NSW public schools across the New England area of NSW from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The festival highlights and celebrates the skills and creativity of students and teachers as they explore the art of dance. Students gain valuable experience performing in a professional venue.
2022 Festival dates
Monday 8 August to Friday 12 August 2022 (Term 3 Week 4).
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest to participate in the New England Dance Festival 2022 will open in Term 1 Week 4 2022. EOIs should be completed by the coordinating teacher.
Expressions of interest close Friday 8 April 2022 (Term 1 Week 10).
Auditions for 2022 will be via video. Email your audition video link to email@example.com.
Audition videos must be submitted by Friday 24 June 2022 (Term 2 Week 9).
- Groups to consist of a minimum of 8 students and a maximum of 35 students
- Dance is not to exceed 4 minutes.
$66 (including GST) per item selected in the festival.
Video audition requirements
- A separate video must be submit for each item
- 1 student must be in costume
- Item should be complete at time of audition video.
Tips for audition video
- Recording from a phone or tablet mounted on a tripod is sufficient quality for the audition video.
- Record the performance in one continuous take from a wide angle to ensure all performers are seen. Do not zoom in and out.
- Spend time rehearsing, recording and reviewing your audition video
- Where possible, minimise external light sources by covering windows to avoid interference with visual contrast.
Tips for uploading to YouTube
- Visit www.youtube.com and create an account or sign in.
- Select upload.
- Follow the instructions onscreen to upload your video.
- Once uploaded, on privacy settings select unlisted (anyone with this link can view) and save changes. This is important because it means the general public cannot view the link.
- When complete, your video will have a URL.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your URL link.
The operation of this program is contingent on advice provided by the NSW Department of Education in consultation with NSW Health. All activities will adhere to the DoE COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
Visit the COVID-19 and public schools in NSW web page for more information.