In Concert – Secondary Choral Festival
Applications for 2023 are now open.
Students have the opportunity to perform a range of significant choral works in a dazzling choral and instrumental music showcase. Teachers engage in quality professional learning delivered by experts.
The In Concert - Secondary Choral Festival sees the Combined Secondary Schools Choir annually joining forces with The Arts Unit's premier instrumental music ensembles to present 2 performances at the Sydney Town Hall. These concerts provide secondary students with the opportunity to sing in a massed choir with more than 500 other students and perform a range of significant choral works.
- Applications are now open.
- Applications close Friday 16 December 2022.
- Rehearsals dates and further information can be found in the application form.
The NSW Department of Education will present 2 concerts at the Sydney Town Hall. School choirs made up of students from Stages 4 to 6 will form part of a combined choir of 500 voices for each concert. All choirs and / or music classes from public high schools are welcome to join.
The 2023 repertoire will include a variety of genres and includes compositions by Australian musicians. Repertoire can be linked to curriculum topics for Stages 4 to 6.
In Concert 2023 performance date at the Sydney Town Hall
- Monday 22 May at 7:00pm
- Tuesday 23 May at 7:00pm
- Participation fee of $37.00 per student will be payable in April.
- A rural and remote subsidy of 25% will be offered to all students attending from rural and remote schools as identified by the department.
Professional learning and resources
- At least one teacher from each participating school must attend the In Concert - teachers professional development workshop which will be presented on Wednesday 15 February 2023 from 9.30am - 3pm at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
- Teachers will be provided with digital copies of the repertoire which they will need to print for their students.
For further information concerning the In Concert – Secondary Choral Festival 2023, please contact Elizabeth Scott, Music Performance Projects Officer, at The Arts Unit - email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.