Applications have now closed.
The Primary Proms features a Combined Primary Choir of 450 voices from Years 3 to 4. In 2021 the choir will perform in 4 concerts at the Sydney Town Hall, together with outstanding instrumental and vocal items from public schools across NSW.
The NSW Department of Education will present 4 choral concerts in the Centennial Hall of the Sydney Town Hall. Stage 2 choirs capable of singing in 2 parts will form a combined choir of 450 students.
The 2021 repertoire includes songs carefully selected from a variety of genres including traditional, folk and musical theatre, arranged for unison and 2-part singing. Included are compositions and arrangements by Australian composers.
Concert Dates at the Sydney Town Hall
- Brindabella Concert: Thursday 19 August 2021 7:00 pm
- Coorong Concert: Friday 20 August 2021 7:00pm
- Daintree Concert: Monday 30 August 2021 7:00pm
- Kakadu Concert: Friday 3 September 2021 7:00pm
Primary Proms (metropolitan) preliminary rehearsals at the Salvation Army Congress Hall
- Brindabella rehearsal: Monday 19 July 2021 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Coorong rehearsal: Tuesday 20 July 2021 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Daintree rehearsal: Wednesday 21 July 2020 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Kakadu rehearsal: Thursday 22 July 2021 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Primary Proms non-metropolitan schools must attend a country cluster rehearsal during Term 2 or 3, as arranged with The Arts Unit.
Professional learning and resources
Watch the Primary Proms teachers professional development webinar as presented in March 2021.