Secondary Aboriginal Dance Workshops
Tutors from Bangarra Dance Theatre work with students to develop cultural awareness and explore contemporary Aboriginal dance skills in an engaging one day workshop in areas across NSW.
About the program
This program is an exciting collaboration between the internationally renowned Bangarra Dance Theatre and the NSW Department of Education Arts Unit. During the program, tutors from Bangarra’s youth team work with students to learn more about culture and perform a contemporary Indigenous dance repertoire. The workshop is suitable for both experienced and non-experienced dancers.
Dates and locations – face-to-face workshops
Friday 8 March – Engadine High School
Tuesday 12 March – Deniliquin High School
Wednesday 13 March – Wagga Wagga High School
Friday 15 March – Bowraville Central School
Friday 22 March – Airds High School
Wednesday 3 April – Broken Hill High School
Monday 8 April – Colyton High School
Tuesday 9 April –Lithgow High School
Thursday 11 April – Condobolin High School
Friday 12 April – Warren Central School
Applications have now closed
Dates and locations – online workshops
Friday 5 April
- Session 1: 9:30 am – 10:45 am
- Session 2: 11:30 am – 12:45 pm
- Session 3: 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Applications close Friday 22 March
- Participation fee: $33.00 per student for face-to-face workshops or $100 per school for online workshops
- Open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Years 7 to 12
How to apply
- Please read the associated information packages before completing the application form.
- Information Package - 2024 Secondary Aboriginal dance workshops - online (DOCX 2 MB)
- Complete the online application form: Secondary Aboriginal dance workshops - online
- Follow the instructions in the online application form to complete the payment advice form.
Secondary Aboriginal Dance Workshop Promo
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from NSW public schools are invited to participate in a one day workshop run by the Department of Education in collaboration with the internationally renowned Bangarra Dance Theatre.
This workshop aims to foster the development of dance skills and cultural significance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, boys and girls from school Years 7 - 12. This workshop is suitable for both experienced and inexperienced dancers. During this workshop, students will learn contemporary indigenous dance repertoire from some of Bangarra's leading choreographers.