Hunter Drama Festival
The Hunter Drama Festival is an opportunity for Hunter/Central Coast/Port Stephens public schools to showcase selected drama items in a professional theatre.
The festival will provide opportunities for students to build knowledge, skills and understanding of performing and appreciating in drama, by creating a journey of excellence for students not only at school level, but beyond. This festival promotes the excellence of the arts and build connections with communities from the Hunter, Central Coast and Port Stephens.
- Primary - Tuesday 1 August (Term 3 Week 3)
- Secondary - Thursday 3 August (Term 3 Week 3)
- 9 am to 5 pm (Teachnical and dress rehearsals)
- 6 pm (Performance)
The allocation of each performance will be determined by the schools involved. The intention is to have a separate primary performance and secondary performance across each night.
- $10 per person
- Tickets will be available from early Term 3 via the HSPA webpage and Trybooking.
- Please encourage your school community to support your students at this performance.
How to apply
The festival is focusing on the process and the performance. We are gathering registered entries to put the performances together. You are not required to have a performance ready prior to this registration. Your intention to participate is all that is required and then we will meet with you to gather further information about how we can provide support to you and your students throughout the development process throughout Term 2.
- Schools from across the region are invited to be part of the Hunter Drama Festival by simply completing the online registration form to advise us that you are intending to participate.
- Please complete the registration form by Friday 5 May (Term 2 Week 2).
Once entries have been received, we will plan an online Zoom meeting to discuss the development of your piece and how support will be allocated to you and your students.
If you have any questions please make contact with Heather Williams or Karen O'Neill.
Broadmeadow NSW 2292