South Coast Dance Festival
The South Coast Dance Festival is open to NSW public schools for students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The festival strives to provide a performance platform that:
- showcases the outcomes of dance education in schools
- provides an opportunity for schools and the wider community to recognise dance as an art form
- presents an original, entertaining and professional event, which provides a positive and memorable experience for both teachers and students.
Tuesday 13 June to Friday 16 June 2023 (Term 2 Week 8) at the Illawarra Performing Arts Centre
There will be
- 2 shows held each evening (6:00 pm to 7:15 pm and 8:00 pm to 9:15 pm)
- 2 closed performances held on Friday 16 June 2023 (8:30 am to 11:00 am and 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm)
Application date information
Applications to audition for the festival are now open.
Teachers: For full details including links to apply, please download the:South Coast Dance Festival 2023 - teacher information booklet (PDF 872.03 KB)
Closing date for applications
- Applications to nominate close: Friday 3 March 2023 (Term 1 Week 5)
- Audition videos due: Wednesday 29 March 2023 (Term 1 Week 9)
A $10 participation fee is payable per student to support costs associated with the festival.
South Coast Dance Festival teacher workshop
A South Coast Dance Festival teacher workshop will be held at Figtree Heights Public School for interested teachers on Friday 17 February 2023 (Term 1 Week 4) from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm.
This workshop will cater for beginning and established dance teachers across primary and high schools. The day will include:
- overview of the choreography process
- exploring themes and dance intent
- selecting music and props to support dance intent
- movement workshop - please wear comfortable clothes
- lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Interested teachers should speak to their principal regarding the benefits of involvement and aligning it to their PDP.
Department of Education teachers will be supported with a half-day staff release payment to support participation.
Interested teachers, please RSVP to email@example.com by Wednesday 15 February 2023 (Term 1 Week 4).
Follow the South Coast Dance Festival on Facebook
Illawarra Performing Arts Centre
32 Burelli Street
Wollongong NSW 2500