Aboriginal Dance Company
The Aboriginal Dance Company provides opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to excel in contemporary Indigenous dance. This initiative is a partnership with the world-renowned Australian dance company Bangarra Dance Theatre, enabling students to work with leading dancers and choreographers to recreate works from Bangarra Dance Theatre's repertoire.
Applications are now closed.
About the NSW Public Schools Aboriginal Dance Company
The Aboriginal Dance Company is an audition-based dance ensemble for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students who excel in contemporary Indigenous dance. The Company is a partnership between the NSW Department of Education Arts Unit and Bangarra Dance Theatre.
In previous years, the Company has performed at state dance festivals, in the Schools Spectacular and at a number of other high profile events. Students selected for the Company will experience new and exciting opportunities to perform in 2022.
To apply, students were required to complete the online application form and upload a video of themselves dancing contemporary Indigenous repertoire, a 1 minute Viva Voce and a head shot photograph. Successful applicants will then participate in workshops, rehearsals and performances throughout 2022 lead by Bangarra Dance Theatre.
- Applications open Monday 31 January 2022.
- Applications close Friday 8 April 2022.
Students will be required to attend all of the following rehearsals:
- Term 3, Week 6 - Monday to Friday 9am - 3pm at Bangarra Dance Theatre Sydney
- Term 3, Week 8 - Monday to Friday 9am - 3pm at Bangarra Dance Theatre Sydney
- Term 4, Week 4 - Monday to Friday 9am - 3pm at Bangarra Dance Theatre Sydney
- Term 4, Week 7 - Monday to Friday 9am - 3pm at Olympic Park Sydney