Dance workshops for students with disability
In these one-day workshops, students participate in a fun warm ups and movement sessions. Teachers and support staff are encouraged to join in with the fun! The activities you complete as part of the workshop can be used back at school for lessons or performance.
The workshop is suitable for students in Years 3 to 12 who attend a NSW public school. All disabilities are catered for. You can elect to bring a group of students or individual students.
Applications open Term 2
About the program
Dance workshops for students with disability are led by the NSW Department of Education Arts Unit in collaboration with industry professionals. This exciting program is designed to give students with disability the opportunity to explore, discover and reach new physical limits whilst engaging with teachers and students from other schools.
These one-day workshops suit students in Years 3 to 12, and all disabilities are catered for. During the workshop, students and teachers will have the opportunity to discover new forms of physical expression in an engaging and supportive environment.
Dates and locations – face-to-face workshops
Please complete the expression of interest form if you are interested in future disability dance student workshops.
Term 3 Week 3
Monday 5 August - Friday 9 August
Term 3 Week 4
Monday 12 August - Friday 16 August
Applications close Monday 17 June.
- Face-to-face workshops from 10 am – 2 pm.
- Participation fee: $33.00 per student.
- Open to all Year 3 to 12 students with disability.
- Teachers will be required to upload a payment advice form into their application.
How to apply
- Please read the associated information package before completing the online application form.
- Information package 2024 - Dance workshops for students with disability (DOCX 2.16 MB)
- Complete the online application form: dance workshops for students with disability online application form
- Follow the instructions in the online application form to complete students permission to publish forms and the payment advice form.
Dance workshops for students with disability promo
This one-day workshop, hosted by public schools across NSW, is designed to give students aged 10 to 18 with disabilities the opportunity to explore, discover and reach new physical limits whilst engaging with teachers and students from other schools.