Operation Art Student Workshops
Students spend a whole day making, creating and learning new visual arts skills. Workshops cover a variety of different topic areas including drawing, painting, printing, mixed media and sculpture.
These full day workshops are delivered by specialist visual arts teachers and are designed to extend participants' skills and artmaking experiences beyond the classroom. Students who display a higher level of engagement in visual arts will benefit from these challenging opportunities.
Please enquire about Operation Art student workshops at Maitland Regional Gallery by contacting Heidi Windeisen.
This year, Operation Art and The Armory Gallery are very excited to once again offer virtual artmaking lessons to class groups of students in Years 1 to 6 in NSW public schools.
Students will be taken on a virtual excursion as they enter The Armory Gallery through the eyes of the camera to view the 2021 Operation Art Exhibition, and then participate in an interactive artmaking lesson.
Session dates: Wednesday 1 December, Thursday 2 December, Friday 3 December.
Session costs: $220 per participating class group
Teachers: Book virtual workshop
This virtual excursion will address the following visual arts outcomes for each relevant stage:
Stage 1 outcomes
- VAS1.1 - Makes artworks in a particular way about experiences of real and imaginary things.
- VAES1.2 - Experiments with a range of media in selected forms.
- VAS1.3 - Realises what artists do, who they are and what they make.
Stage 2 outcomes
- VAS2.2 - Uses the forms to suggest the qualities of subject matter.
- VAS2.4 - Identifies connections between subject matter in artworks and what they refer to, and appreciates the use of particular techniques.
Stage 3 outcomes
- VAS3.1 - Investigates subject matter in an attempt to represent likenesses of things in the world.
- VAS3.2 - Makes artworks for different audiences assembling materials in a variety of ways.
- VAS3.4 - Communicates about the ways in which subject matter is represented in artworks.