Drama Skills Development Workshops
The Arts Unit runs a series of skills development workshops for interested drama students from Year 3 to 12. Students participate in a full day workshop led by specialist tutors from the performing arts industry.
Applications are now open.
2022 workshop details
Live Junior Workshops
- Sunday 22 May (Term 2 Week 4)
- 10:30 am-3:15 pm (including 45 minutes for lunch)
- Each workshop will be 4 hours
Please note that the online workshops will no longer be proceeding on Sunday 29 May 2022.
How to apply
To apply for a 2022 Drama Skills Development Junior Workshop complete the online application form.
Applications close on Friday 13 May 2022.
The Arts Unit - Corner Toothill Street and The Boulevard, Lewisham
- Live workshop - $88
All payments will be accepted online through our student payment portal.
Junior workshops choices and tutor overview
Sunday 22 May (10:30 am-3:15 pm)
- Years 3-4 Improvisation with Patrick Magee
- Years 3-4 Voice, Body and Improvisation with Renee Anton
- Years 5-6 Auditioning and Acting for Film and Television with Marg Haynes
- Years 5-6 Characterisation with Ben van Biljon
- Years 5-6 Puppetry with Kay Yasugi
- Each workshop will be led by the same industry trained tutor.
- Workshops will be active, students must wear comfortable clothing.
- Students are required to be on The Arts Unit's premises for the duration of the workshops and lunch break.
- Please make sure your name is clearly marked on belongings and leave unnecessary valuables at home.
- Please bring water and plenty to eat for lunch. There is no cafe on site. Do not bring food containing nuts.
- Remember to have fun and meet new friends!