Nagoya Art Exchange
The Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange provides a wonderful opportunity to participate in international friendship and cultural exchange activities.
Teachers are invited to nominate a maximum of four outstanding Kindergarten to Year 12 student artworks that would be suitable for consideration for the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange. The Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange exhibits selected artworks from NSW public schools in Nagoya, Japan, along with works by students in Nagoya, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Reims, Turin, Tashkent and Nanjing.
Nominations for 2022 are now closed.
To nominate a student, complete the online nomination form. Please note a separate form is required for each student artwork nomination.
Nominations will be due Friday 29 July 2022 (Term 3 Week 2)
- Schools will be notified of successful submissions on 12 August 2022 (Term 3 Week 4)
- Successful student artworks will be due Friday 2 September 2022 (Term 3 Week 7)
About the program
Teachers are invited to nominate a maximum of four outstanding Kindergarten to Year 12 student artworks that would be suitable for consideration for the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange.
Please note that students' works selected for the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange will not be returned. Schools will instead receive an exchange of artwork from the exhibition in Nagoya and a certificate celebrating the selection of their artwork. Each selected artwork will feature in an online exhibition.
All works submitted for nomination in the Nagoya Art Exchange are required to meet the following requirements:
- Artworks must be no smaller than A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) and no larger than (500 mm x 350 mm) in size. Works that are outside these dimensions cannot be accepted for exhibitions.
- Do not nominate framed or mounted artworks or artworks on a stretched canvas or canvas panel.
- Artworks with earthy matter, e.g. sand, feathers etc., will not be selected due to export regulations.
- Artworks may be horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait).
- Student artists must be enrolled at a public school in New South Wales in any class from Kindergarten to Year 12 in the year of entry, and the artwork must solely be the work of the student or group of students.
- The nomination forms need to be accompanied by a colour photo (standard or digital) of the nominated artwork. Photos of all the pieces of a Body of Work only need to be sent. Do not send the actual artwork.
- A selection panel will view the photos of the nominated artworks for inclusion in the exhibition. The decisions of the selection panel are final.
- Schools will be informed of the successful nominations.
- Successfully nominated artwork is then due by September.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related digital resources
Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange 2022
Held annually, the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange is an exciting exhibition opportunity open to NSW public schools students from Kindergarten to Year 12. It provides a wonderful opportunity for students to participate in international friendship and cultural exchange activities.