NSW Public Schools State Drama Ensemble
An intensive program for high potential and gifted drama students from NSW public schools. Workshops are held during school holidays and students develop a work for performance at the State Drama Festival in October.
The 2022 NSW Public Schools State Drama Ensemble provides students from Years 9 to 11 with the opportunity to develop a work for performance at the State Drama Festival in October. Places in this Ensemble are open to talented students who are currently attending a NSW public school.
Applications are now closed
Monday 26 to Friday 30 September (school holidays)
The Arts Unit, Lewisham
Students will perform for filming and/or at the State Drama Festival held at the Seymour Centre or in the State Digital Drama Festival online.
The ensemble fees cover the hire of regular tutors and industry professionals for intensive workshop, an ensemble t-shirt, and the sourcing and supply of costumes for the State Drama Festival. Students will need to cover the cost of their own travel and/or accommodation if needed. All prices include GST:
- Metropolitan/Non Metro: $385
- Rural and remote: $285
There are 2 intensive compulsory devising workshops held at The Arts Unit in Lewisham to develop new work that will be filmed and/or performed at the State Drama Festival.
- Term 3 school holidays. Monday 26 September to Friday 30 September from 10 am to 4 pm
- Term 4 Wednesday 19 October and Thursday 20 October prior to State Drama Festival
- Priority will be given to students from rural and remote schools.
- Students in metropolitan schools who do not currently attend a weekly drama ensemble will also be able to audition.
- This is not a residential program, students will be required to provide their own accommodation and transport.
Rural and remote subsidy
We are able to offer a subsidy to students from rural and remote schools to attend the State Drama Ensemble. This amount will be confirmed prior to the application closing date.