Drama Ensembles develop high potential and gifted students in drama. Ensemble tutors are drawn from Arts Unit experts and industry professionals. Students perform in events such as the State Drama Festival, and potentially the Schools Spectacular.
- Senior Drama Ensembles - Years 10 and 11
- Junior Drama Ensembles - Years 7 to 9
- Primary Drama Ensembles - Years 5 and 6
Drama ensembles rehearse at The Arts Unit in Lewisham during school term. Application is by audition and open to NSW public school students.
Applications are now open!
Applications will close on Friday 27 May 2022.
- Students in Year 7 and 8 can attend a live audition workshop from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Sunday 5 June.
- Students in Years 9 and 10 can attend a live audition workshop from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Sunday 5 June.
Please note that the 2022 state drama ensembles program will not commence until the guidelines from NSW Health and the Department of Education permits this activity.
Live audition requirements
- Auditions will be in a workshop format of warm-up, movement and improvisation skills.
- All students are to wear comfortable clothing and bring a bottle of water.
- All students are required to wear face masks, use a QR code and please stay at home if unwell. Remember, you have the option of video auditions instead if needed.
How to apply
- Students are required to complete the webform application below before Friday 27 May 2022.
- Complete and gather signatures for the NSWPS Drama Ensembles 2022 - student endorsement form (DOCX, 69.93 KB).
- Attend the live audition on Sunday 5 June 2022 at the time allocated to your year group. No preparation is required.
Live audition date
- Sunday 5 June 2022
Live audition times
- Years 7 and 8 – 2:00 pm to 4.00 pm
- Years 9 and 10 – 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Live audition venue
- The Arts Unit, Lewisham
Ensembles commencement dates
- Year 7, Year 8, Year 9 and Year 10 Ensembles - Wednesday 20 July 2022
Applications for Drama tutors have now closed.
Senior Drama Ensembles
Ensemble members have the opportunity to be part of exciting industry partnerships, enriching and extending their skill base in drama and fostering career pathways.