Teachers Choreographic Workshop
The focus of the workshops will be on developing teachers as choreographic role models for students. We hope that, no matter what your current level of choreographic ability is, you will be able to take back to school an increased confidence in the use of choreographic skills, some new approaches to movement and a greater understanding of the choreographic process.
Applications will open Term 2 Week 2.
Participants will develop an understanding of...
- the dance syllabus in relation to choreography
- the elements of composition
- the processes and methods involved in the construction of a dance composition
- skills involved in composition and choreography
- processes in the development of dance items for public performance
- the effects of lighting, sound, costuming and use of props in dance performance
- of dance as an art form.
Participants will be able to...
- understand the compositional process
- experience a variety of approaches to dance composition
- manipulate the elements of composition
- explore a range of dance ideas and accompaniments
- demonstrate a creative response to choreography.
Date and time
- Friday 9 September 2022
- 8:30 am-5:30 pm (approximately)
- $150 (incl GST).
- There is a 25% subsidy for rural and remote staff.
- NSW Regional, Rural and Remote Public Schools List (DOCX, 122.41 KB)
- Seymour Centre - Cnr City Road &, Cleveland St, Chippendale NSW 2008
The Professional Development will comprise of a practical component, viewing dance works in the theatre, process of production and discussions about dance choreography. This opportunity will be followed up with another choreographic PD and mentor program in Term 4 2022 and Term 1 2023.
Further inquiries should be emailed to Ashley Napoleoni or phone (02) 8512 1178.