Combined High Schools Debating
NSW senior government school students trial for places in one of three representative Combined High Schools teams. Those teams then compete against other representative teams from various private school organisations in a bid to win the NSW Representative Debating Cup.
About the competition
- Students must be from Years 11 and 12.
- Students are nominated by coaches and adjudicators and selection trials take place at the end of Term 2.
- The selected students then participate in a series of coaching sessions.
- The Combined High Schools teams will face teams from the IGS, GPS, and CAS debating organisations in a series of debates in Term 3.
- Firsts, Seconds and Thirds debates are held simultaneously in the evening at a host school. Social distancing restrictions permitting, parents and teachers are encouraged to attend.
- Medallions and CHS ties are awarded to team members of the Firsts, Seconds, and Thirds. The NSW Representative Debating Cup is awarded to the champion representative team.
Check back for details of how to apply in Term 2.