Schools Spectacular 2023 applications are open for the following:
- Select the category you wish to apply for. You must submit one online form for each category you are applying for. For example, if you are applying to be a Featured Artist and a Featured Dancer, you will need to complete two application forms.
- Submit your application by filling in all the requested details in the online form and add your YouTube video audition link (if required). Ensure your YouTube video is marked as unlisted. Some application categories require a headshot that clearly shows your face for easy identification. Please ensure you submit your application by the due date. Late applications may not be accepted.
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email to confirm your application was submitted successfully. This email may take up to 24 hours to come through. If you do receive this email, please resubmit your application.
All applications must be submitted online.
Please contact the Schools Spectacular team if you require any support submitting your application.
Student-devised categories – closed
- Student-devised original music composition – closed
Individual categories – closed
- Specialist Performer / Ensemble
- Taiko Drumming Ensemble
- Student Co-host
- Core Choir
- Drama Ensemble
- Boys Hip Hop Ensemble – This application category is open to school groups and individual performers
- Featured Artists
- Featured Instrumentalists
- Featured Dance Ensemble – Tap, Ballet, Hip Hop and the Combined Dance Ensemble (Music Theatre, Jazz and Contemporary)
School group categories – closed
- Aboriginal Dance Ensemble
- Combined Choir (Primary)
- Combined Choir (Secondary)
- Combined Dance
- D’Arts Ensemble
- Drama Ensemble – This application category is for individual performers in 2023
- Specialist Performer / Ensemble – This application category is open to school groups and individual performers
- Taiko Drumming Ensemble – This application category is open to school groups and individual performers
SpecFest – closed
- SpecFest Individual Performer / Ensembles
Student production team – closed
Staff and Industry Professionals – closed
- Music Team
- Staff Production Team
- Dance (Choreography) Team
Orchestra and Stage Band – closed
Production and Creative Voice Team – closed
What is the Production and Creative Voice Team?
The Schools Spectacular team invite interested teachers, industry professionals and students to apply to be a Creative Voice in the 2023 show development process.
The Schools Spectacular team works collaboratively across several months to form innovative ideas, select inspirational music, design concepts and devise striking visual elements for the show.
Successful applicants will be able to spend time collaborating with the team, contributing their ideas and experiencing the development of the 2023 Schools Spectacular.
Individuals will demonstrate creative flair and have experience in music, dance, drama or other production elements, adding valuable contributions and gaining a behind-the-scenes look at the process that generates the world’s largest annual arena production.
The Schools Spectacular may modify the categories or cast numbers dependent upon any health and safety guidelines or numbers of applications received. We apologise for any inconvenience and advise that schools will be notified if any changes occur.
How to upload a video to YouTube
Most application categories for the Schools Spectacular require you to submit an audition video. You can submit your video/s online using YouTube.
Ensure your video on YouTube is marked as ‘unlisted’.
Please check that your video URL works before submitting it with your application. Video links that the panel cannot view cannot be considered.How to upload footage to YouTube (PDF 323.25 KB)